Department of Tamil
The Department of Tamil was established in 1964 to import the Language skills, Values, Cultural Heritage for the benefits of students. We taught Part- I Tamil in all UG degree programme. The M.Phil Progamme was started in 1988 and affiliation for Ph.D., programme was granted in the year of 1998. The department has completed 51 years of Noble service in the field of Higher Education. Active research in the fields of Classical Literature, Bakthi Literature, Modern Literature, Grammer, Siddha Literature and Varmam are being carried out.
- Motivate students to identify the eternal human values through Tamil Literature for their day to day life.
- Conducting National Seminars about Yoga, Varma, Siddha Literature for the benefits of the public.
- Staff members published more than 150 papers in peer reviewed journals
- 16 Books with ISBN number were published.
- Received 4.5 lakh of Research grants from UGC for Minor and Major Projects
- 7 Ph. D., and 17 M.Phil awarded.
- Writing Short film stories
- Poems writing
- Varma Therapy
Names of programmes offered
|S. No.||Programmes||Year of Establishment|
|1.||M.Phil in Tamil (Part Time)||1988|
|2.||Ph.D in Tamil (Part Time)||1998|
Interdisciplinary courses in collaboration with other departments
|1.||Part – I Tamil||Tamil|
|2.||Part – IV Basic Tamil||Tamil|