National Cadet Corps (NCC)
For your country…
If you plan for a year, sow paddy
If you plan for a decade, plant trees
If you plan for the future, nurture youth.
This is where the National Cadet Corps (NCC) proves its significance. NCC inculcates in the youth a sense of nationalism and secular outlook that contributes towards the building of the nation. It also provides a platform for individual upliftment through the process of channelising the energy of the youth in constructive pursuits. Besides giving thrill and excitement, NCC promotes camaraderie and resilience and hones cultural skills to preserve the cultural traditions and values of the society. It helps the youth to realise the intimate relationship between man and the community, between community and nature and their inter-dependability. Presently, NCC has approximately 13 Lakhs Cadets under its fold.
Unity and Discipline
- To develop the qualities of character, courage, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and sportsmanship and the ideals of selfless service among the youth to make them useful citizens.
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life including the armed forces and always available for the service of nation.
- To create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
NCC Provides the Students Cardinals of NCC Discipline
- Obey with a Smile.
- Be Punctual.
- Work Hard without Fuss.
- Make No Excuses and Tell No Lies.
To the Students
- Opportunity for personality development.
- Incentives to achieve academic excellence.
- Opportunity to participate in adventure activity.
- Monetary and medical assistance to cover mishaps during adventure activities.
- Opportunity to travel abroad.
NCC Provides the Students
- A chance to serve the armed forces
- A life full of Adventure
- A life style with honour, dignity and pride
- Learn to care and share with your country men
- To be leader and manager