Department of Electronics
The Department of Electronics was established with B.Sc Electronics degree programme in the year 1987. In order to cater the needs of the society with a present competition with Engineering Institution in mind, later in the year 2006 the Nomenclature of the programme is changed as B.Sc Electronics and Communication System. The M.Phil and Ph.D programmes were started in 2012. The department has completed 28 years of noble service in the field of higher education.
Active research in the fields of Thin film materials, Embedded Systems, Biomedical Instrumentation, and VLSI designs are being carried out.
- More than 20 research papers are published in reputed international journals.
- Certificate Courses in Domestic Electrical and Electronic Appliances and Embedded Systems are being conducted.
- Remedial Classes are conducted for the weak students
- 1 Ph.D and 6 M.Phils are awarded so for.
- Concept based working models.
- NPTEL materials are used for teaching.
- Science awareness programmes and exhibitions are conducted for rural school students.
Names of programmes offered
|S. No.||Programmes||Year of Establishment|
|1.||B.Sc.( Electronics and Communication Systems)||1987|
|3.||Ph.D. ( Electronics)||2012|
Interdisciplinary courses and departments involved
|1.||Digital Fundamentals||Computer Science||Electronics|
|2.||Microprocessor Fundamentals||Computer Science||Electronics|
|3.||Allied Mathematics – I||Electronics||Mathematics|
|4.||Allied Mathematics – II||Electronics||Mathematics|
|5.||Visual basic||Electronics||Computer Science|